The process is simple!
1) Bring a SHOEBOX to Sabbath School and kids church on Saturday, November 1 or 8, when we will decorate the boxes together.
2) BOY OR GIRL? Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the child’s age category (2-4, 5-9, or 10-14) and go shopping!
3) FILL THE BOX with toys, school supplies, toiletries, etc., appropriate for the sex and age bracket you have chosen. Kids, choosing a child the same age as you will make it easier for you to shop for them since they may share the same interests and needs as you. Use the gift ideas provided on this page. You should also include a note or card to the child, you can tell them about yourself, where you live and even include a picture if you like. See coloring page available to download on this page. Label the box with the appropriate boy/girl label, mark the correct age category on the label, and tape the label to the top of your box. The label is available
on the right sidebar of this page and in the brochure we will hand out at church.
4) INCLUDE YOUR DONATION: Please donate $7 or more for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs. You can give online by using their EZGIVE option (link on the right side of this page), or you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the gift items inside your box. If you or your family are preparing more than one shoe box, please make one combined donation.
5) Bring your box, decorated and filled, to church on Saturday, November 15. If you don't get your box decorated at church on November 1 or 8, you can decorate your box at home (wrap the lid separately) and bring it on the 15th.
Note: If you're not at New Hope on the 15th when we collect the boxes, you can take it to a donation drop-off location near you from Nov 17-Nov 24. Find drop-off centers by clicking here http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/Drop_Off_Locations/
MOST importantly, PRAY for the child who will receive your gift! In addition to the presents you send, each child will receive a booklet about Jesus (translated in their language). Remind kids that the reason we give gifts at Christmas is to celebrate Jesus' birthday!